Here are some tips to take care of prior to the pick up time:
1. Make sure everyone used the restroom.
2. If incontinence is an issue, bring a change of undergarments, gloves and wipes in a handbag.
3. Find the legrests that came with the wheelchair. It is especially important that anyone traveling in a wheelchair uses the legrests for safety and comfort. If the legrests are not already attached, the driver will put them on for you.
4. Have your loved one’s medical insurance cards, photo id and list of current medications and doses with you. Medical offices and hospitals ask for them at every appointment.
5. If we are going to a hospital for an out-patient procedure or imaging, it is advisable to have a copy of the doctor’s orders or script with you in case the registration desk cannot locate it in their system.
6. Bring a small blanket or throw. While we make every effort to keep the vehicle cabin comfortable, medical offices, and especially hospitals, are kept cool to keep germs at bay.